Thursday, June 7, 2012

The last Hawaii pictures

Okay, I'm going to post the last set of Hawaii pictures, and then I can get on with other life stuff! Like the fact that tomorrow afternoon I leave for California! Stay tuned for those adventures :).

One of the other great parts was the Napali Coast boat tour/whale watching. We got to go snorkeling  in maybe 20-30ft of water.  Swimming with fish! Awesome.  There were some amazingly colorful and beautiful fish out there.  I want to snorkel again!


We saw some humpback whales and dolphins (spinner and bottlenose) on the boat which was really neat to see!  I think both pictures might the the spinner dolphins. The top and bottom left whale pictures are of the back fin, but the one in the right corner is of the mouth! 

Here is some of the beautiful Napali coast scenery from the boat.  Gorgeous, sparkling blue water, endless green cliffs, and quite a few waterfalls along the way. 




We saw a couple waterfalls that were not on the Napali coast as well. One we saw from afar (Opaekaa waterfall - on left), but the other we got to swim in the pool beneath (Secret Falls - on right). It was awesome. We did this kayaking adventure where we kayaked up the wailua river (shown in pic on bottom) then parked the kayaks, and did a little hike to the falls where we enjoyed lunch and swimming (although it was really really cold!), then went back.  Great little adventure. 





And Lastly, a few more flowers from Kauai. I won't bore you with the tens of different hibiscus pictures I took, but these were pretty. 
The first is the Lilikoi  flower - or the flower for the passion fruit. So very different looking! Then another hibiscus, and a bunch of plumeria. They make the leis out of these flowers, and they smell so good!  And the only one I can name from  the bottom row is the very right flower - these are african tulips. they grow on these big trees and then have bunches of these bright orange flowers. It is really a neat tree. 


Well, that concludes the pictures of the family trip! If you are dying to see more, I guess you'll have to visit me in San Diego!
(or ask the rest of the family if you visit Nebraska, I suppose. Although, really, visiting me is the more fun option right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment