Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fun and scenery on I-70

Well, after we left Denver on Sunday we traveled along I-70 through Colorado to Utah. Man! We saw some awesome scenery! I've been through Colorado before, so that was expected, but this was my first trip to Utah besides being at Four Corners. I didn't expect it to be so beautiful!

Here are a few pictures of the scenery from Colorado. A beautiful mountain peak with green trees and some panoramic scenery from a scenic stop by a little mountain stream.









We stayed Sunday night in Fruita, Colorado. Mostly because we wanted to check out this local statue of Mike the headless chicken.  You can check out the story online - there is even a festival and a 5k for Mike, but we missed it by several weeks. We got our picture taken with Mike, and decided to not let him be headless alone!






After staying in Fruita, we continued on I-70 to Utah!



Utah was pretty awesome. There were a number of overlooks in the beginning of the state. Christy was driving and I kept telling her that we probably wouldn't need to stop at most of them, but then I would catch sight of some amazing views at the last minute and I had to change my mind!
Here is the view of Black Dragon Canyon (top one) and some other views of scenery along I-70.









And here's Christy and I to prove we were really there!!  Next time I'll have to post some pictures from our adventures in Zion National Park!




No comments:

Post a Comment