Wednesday, June 20, 2012

California!

Here is the last post of Christy's and my journey to California!


We were excited that the last day of car riding had come. We had been having a great adventure, but man, we were both ready to be done driving. In addition, we had not done a good job of our last leg of the journey homework, and we thought we had only about 3 hours to go. Turns out it was 5 and half. That was a bummer. It was hot when we left Las Vegas (prob in the 90's in the AM and to be 100+ later that day) and hot through the desert, although temps in La Jolla were supposed to be about 67 degrees! Talk about a change! 

Anyway, we were happy to be in California! Although this is where it really began to hit that this wasn't a roadtrip that had an "on the way back" as Christy and I kept joking about. I was far from home, and I wasn't going back. A sobering thought. A bit of a scary thought.

The drive was pretty uneventful, although once we got out of the desert there were some really pretty mountainous areas with tons of trees! The only real event was that Christy almost got herself left in California, a little over two hours from the destination :). So she held out days past the prediction of getting left in Colorado! The story is that she called me a nerd at lunch. Perhaps it was deserved. . . but still! I told her I was leaving her there. She said it was okay, she would just go back to Zion. :) 

Anyway, we moved on closer toward the outskirts of LA and San Diego out of the lonely desert. Let me tell you, there are a lot of lanes of traffic! This is something I'm just going to have to get used to.



But we arrived safe and sound, just a little nerve-wracked after the traffic that I'm not used to, and reunited with our friend Tomomi in San Diego. She showed us around La Jolla, and we all went to the beach so Christy could put her feet in the Pacific Ocean. It was cold. Both the weather and the ocean :). But it was a good end to a great journey! Thanks Christy, for going along!



1 comment:

  1. You made it! And there's some watery stuff behind you! And lots of cars (eek about that)! I miss you! I can tell you are farther away somehow.......

    ReplyDelete