Sunday, September 23, 2012

Home Sweet Apartment

Ah. I still mourn for my condo. (except for the neighbors). I feel like its just a bit of a blow that I pay twice as much for half the room I used to have. Sigh. I guess I'm paying for the sunshine and the views! (and the pool and spa I haven't even used yet!)

Anyway, I have had requests for an "apartment tour" up here, so here it is! Some pics of my new home. Here is my bedroom, and the sliding door out to my porch (pictured alter), and my closet door in the corner there which is actually good sized, and then the bathroom and the big wall storage closet that I do like. (without it, I'd be in trouble - not enough kitchen cabinets!).  





 Here is the living room. I have one window in the living room, and my view is other buildings/parking area, and a big green leafy plant in a planter and some Eucalyptus trees. And look - the shelf is full! Also, there is another door that goes out onto my patio in the corner you can't see near the window. And the front door is to the left of the shelf unit.

Also  - note my awesome Ikea couch that folds out into a cot. So if you come visit me, its your bed!

The kitchen, as you can see is behind the living room. There is a little desk area which is nice. And right now the only thing I have that resembles a dinner table. And then the porch, where my bike currently lives, and also my two plants. My plumeria plant is from Hawaii and is doing really well! It grows so fast. I'm really excited about it. I think I'd like to get a hibiscus plant to put out there sometime, but I can wait a bit for that!  :)
 


 

So that is it.  The other cool thing is that around the corner of my building, there are a couple of big planters with Birds of Paradise growing in them. They were blooming the last two weeks (sorry didn't get a pic before they got trimmed back). Several times when I have walked by them on my way somewhere, I have seen a hummingbird flitting here and there feeding on them. So Cool!!! Its not even in zoo! So I guess that's a neat thing about this place too. I guess I should have done a front of the building shot too. I'll add one later. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun! It's nice to see where you live & picture you there. I clicked on the pics to see them full-size to get the full effect of your apartmental awesomeness. A few comments:
    - Eeep! I saw your plunger!! hahahaha :)
    - When I saw your towel, it made me wonder . . . "does Kara still check both sides of her towel for spiders before use?"
    - I like your white trim & doors. Makes it feel more airy -- you think?
    - Your living room looks all modern & cute! -- chic chica!
    - Umm . . . your kitchen looks nicer than mine. Envy. And I like your little turquoise tea kettle!
    Love,
    Cari

    ReplyDelete