Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Some random weekend things

Since it has again been a bit since I posted last, I thought I'd just give a quick look at a few things I've been up to since March.


First, bacon gruyere and green onion scones with Vickie. Shaped like dinosaurs.
Why?? Because I love scones, Vickie loves dinosaurs, and we BOTH LOVE bacon! Why else?

One Saturday Vickie and I made these delicious scones, and we think it is the first time this particular scone may have ever been made in dinosaur form. :)  I highly recommend them, in whatever shape, and you can find the recipe at spoonforkbacon.com!




Then for Easter, my friend Gretchen hosted a Ukrainian Easter egg making party! You literally make designs on the eggs with a thin pen-like instrument using melted wax and then dye the egg sequentially in light to dark colors (with more design application with wax in between each dye) and end up with such beautiful creations you never thought possible from your own hands! So much fun!





Then i went camping with my GCF friends at Agua Caliente, the hot springs in the Anzo Borrego Desert. It was really a fantastic adventure. Some hiking, some hot spring pool time, some hanging out around the fire, even some Julian apple pie on the way home! It was beautiful in the desert, greener than expected this spring, although quite hot! And it was a great time hanging out with friends.





Then I moved (again). To a new apartment closer to work and church (although I will miss Vickie's house in North Park, except the part where Peepers (the cat) wakes me up with his meow, lol). I'm mostly settled in now, but still have to hang stuff on the walls. I have a little more room than I did in my last apartment, so all those of you who have waiting to come visit (or wanting to visit again), now's the time! And the most exciting part is that the porch area is quite large has a little garden plot! I got some plants in (mostly tomoatoes), and am excited about continuing my attempts at gardening that I started at Vickie's.








No comments:

Post a Comment