Thursday, July 26, 2012

And then there was internet!

Finally! I got internet today! This is the reason. . . mostly. . . why I haven't posted in weeks! I'm sure I could have written a post at home, and taken my laptop to work, gotten online, and put something up. . . but that didn't happen. Obviously.

So anyway, to catch everyone up on things - I found an apartment and moved in. Yay! Now I have a living room half full of boxes, 2 1/2 weeks later. Someday, I will get them unpacked. I seem to be having some circular problem where to unpack the boxes, I need to put up my shelves, but there really isn't enough room to assemble the shelving unit until I unpack the boxes. . .  But I'm hoping that with my brain that managed to get a PhD, I should be able to sort this one out soon :).

It's a one-bedroom. It's an okay size, and it is pretty updated inside, so that's nice. I just keep thinking that I'm paying twice what my mortgage used to be for just over half the amount of space. Sigh. Its quieter here than I expected it to be, for which I am very thankful. I'm working on getting a couch/thing guests can sleep on, so soon I'll be ready for visitors! Oh, except I probably have to unpack my boxes to fit the couch in here. Well, guess I'd better get to work! I really don't want my lack of a couch to be what stops you all from coming to visit! (hint hint)

I'm now nearing the end of my 4th week of week in my new lab. I gave my first presentation at lab meeting this week. The "what i'm planning on doing" talk, cause I haven't really done any science until today. :( I've been reading/planning a lot, which is needed, but really not as much fun.

I'm not sure there is much to report on the adventure front. Besides that I figured out how to use the card (not coin) operated washer and dryer at my apartment. (sigh, $2.75 for a load of laundry). And I can now get to Trader Joe's without my GPS. (it's only about a mile away - I'd really hope I could figure that out!) These are my current excitements. Hopefully I will have more time to go check out more San Diego soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment