Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here's a couple more from Oahu - I guess this should do it for that island. I'll get cracking on the rest from Kauai soon.

We stayed in the Waikiki Beach area, so here are some shots from that. We visited the beach to try to catch some nice sunsets over the ocean.  I hear (from my mom) that we didn't see the best sunsets there. But nonetheless they were nice.  Here are pictures from two of them.
It was a pretty busy beach, very commercial area with lots of hotels. These palm trees in the picture to the top left were kind of the back side of the beach and you can spot all the hotels and shops just on the block behind.  So many expensive stores! I couldn't believe it.  And an ABC store (a small convenience store) literally on every block. Worse than Starbucks!  And I bet we bought something from at least 5 different ones!  There is this famous statue Duke Kahanamoku statue - some famous surfer. Also, some colorful surfboards on the beach.

And of course, who can go to Hawaii without taking pictures of the beautiful flowers everywhere! Here are several hibiscus flowers, a tree with some really knarly roots that I thought was cool, a pineapple from the Dole pineapple plantation, a bird of paradise, and some other stuff that I have no idea what they are. Oh  - and the trunk of a rainbow eucalyptus on the bottom right. Really real colors, not painted on, just for the record!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Kara! I'm so glad you are blogging! Love the pictures of Hawaii- I've had a overwhelming desire to go lately. Snce that's not happening anytime soon, I've got to live vicariously through everyone's pictures!

    ReplyDelete